Established in 1875, Nowra Cemetery Cemetery was the Shoalhaven's major cemetery for more than 100 years until it ceased issuing new Rights of Burial in the late 1980s. All existing Rights of Burial continue be honoured
The Nowra Cemetery is located at the corner of the Princes Highway and Kalandar Street, Nowra.
It is a denominational cemetery, providing for the major religions (Catholic, Anglican, Uniting Church etc) burials. The "General" and "Independent" portions provided for other religions and secular burials. In the 1970's a small Lawn Cemetery portion was established.
A small Jewish portions is located at the rear of the Columbarium wall.
Nowra General Cemetery incorporates the local Royal Australian Navy's Cemetery and a War-graves Cemetery, which is administered and maintained by the Office of Australian War-graves.. These are located in the north western corner of the cemetery off Kalandar Street.
A columbarium for the interment or immurement of cremated remains and commemoration is situated within the Cemetery.
View Shoalhaven Cemeteries in a larger map