Berry General Cemetery is situated on Kangaroo Valley Road, Berry, about 200 metres west of where it intersects with the Princes Highway. There is good vehicle access into the cemetery. The cemetery has served the Berry community since 1883, except for a short period around 1900, when Harley Hill Cemetery was in use.
It is a denominational cemetery, providing burial areas for the major religions (Catholic, Anglican, Uniting Church etc). The "Independent" portion can provide for other religions and secular burial.
There is also a small Memorial Garden, Columbarium and Garden of Remembrance for the interment or immurement of cremated remains and commemoration.
The Cemetery is of historic and social value as the earliest cemetery in the Berry District and representative of its type at regional level (Illawarra Region).
The broad range of grave markers reveal a variety of burial customs and exhibit the skills of monument masons while the inscription form an important genealogical record for the local community.
Allocation of burial places is subject to a strict management plan, although it is still possible to purchase burial licences in the Berry Cemetery. Click here for more information about obtaining a burial licence (reserving a plot) in a Shoalhaven cemetery.
View Berry Cemetery, Berry NSW in a larger map